American Veterans Collection
The American Veterans Collection is a non-profit organization that promotes education on the lasting effects of war.
- Create awareness that war does not simply end when the veteran returns home, for some it only begins.
- Educate our youth on the lasting effects of war with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) workshops for colleges and universities.
- Promote the undeniable bond that exists between all combat veterans on sight, without saying a word.
- Provide transitional housing and support services for returning veterans.
- Offer hand-crafted Veteran Rings (at manufacturer’s price) to all combat veterans, their families and friends as a symbol of pride.
- Continue with 40+ years of work inside the veterans circle and to always be available to the proud, but sometimes confused combat veteran.
Jim Chancellor, President of the American Veterans Collection
Jim Chancellor is a combat veteran who served in Vietnam from 1969-1970. He is married to Regina and their blended family consists of 5 children and 5 grandchildren.
A likable, low-keyed mixture of sincerity and intensity, Jim is a gentleman of dedication and humor. A Vietnam Veteran whose mission is to let his hard earned lesson of the past direct him to healing and healthy choices in the future. As a door gunner he received a Purple Heart and a Heroism Medal for Valor. This is a man whom wartime stress was a reality. His insights are earned and respecting him is unavoidable. Jim is well educated on the issues and comfortable on stage.
Mr. Chancellor has made special presentations of Veterans Rings from the American Veterans Collection to both Bob Hope and Toby Keith. He has worked with Congressional Medal of Honor recipients Sammy Davis and Gary Wetzel. Having a professional style, Jim has been featured on the same agenda as President Ronald Reagan, Colin Powell, Vice President Al Gore, Ross Perot, Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama.